So exciting, right?
Talk about total mom jeans.
Turning 35 is kind of a bummer (only 5 more years until 40. AAAAAHHH!).
So, I decided to do something positive...more precisely 35 positive somethings.
I jumped on the Random Acts of Kindness bandwagon and decided to do 35 nice things before my birthday tomorrow.
Amazingly I was able to fit most of them into this week...though there were a few good deeds I counted that happened a week or two ago. I freaking saved a big ole' snapper turtle. I had to put that on my list...especially since it bit my toe, and I stopped traffic in both directions.
A bunch of the nice things involved people I know and love, but there were other completely random deeds. (I got a lot of the ideas from The Birthday Project. A Florida woman started the whole idea on her 40th birthday and blogged about it.)
Here are some highlights.
- Left a handful of quarters at the local laundrymat. The two woman in there looked at me a bit bewildered, but thanked me before I left.
- Gave water bottles to two construction workers, who kind of acted like this had happened before.
- Paid for the guy behind me at Starbucks. This was hilarious because the cashier asked me if I thought the guy was cute. "Umm. No. It's just my birthday."
- Donated a bag of dog food to an animal shelter. Scott said this one shouldn't count because I gave the kids false hope about getting a dog. Ooops.
- Left a note to the mailman about how much I appreciate his service. Cheesy? Yes. But, maybe it made his day?
- Gave a McDonald's gift card to a family at McDonald's. Considering we don't eat at McDonald's it was fairly easy to give away the gift card Johnny had received from preschool and it made the family happy.
- Taped money to the vending machine at the YMCA with a note. This was kind of funny because at first no one really wanted to open the note, but it was gone when I came back the next day.
- Returned all the wayward carts at Trader Joe's. Why the heck do people just leave carts haphazardly in the parking lot and in handicapped parking spaces?? Drives me nuts.
- Handed water bottles to trash collectors on a super hot day. They were the most surprised and thankful of everyone.
Just shows turning 35 can be positive, right??